What is GST return?
GST return is a document that contains the details of the income of the taxpayer. This document needs to be filed with the tax authorities.
Can I apply for GST Registration online?
Yes. Taxpayers can apply online for GST registration. You just need to get your business registered in the official GST Portal and upload the scanned copies of all the documents needed.
How would the composition scheme work under GST?
Under GST, the composition scheme is applicable to all types of businesses with a turnover up to Rs.50 lakhs. These taxpayers will have to pay a fixed percentage of the business turnover.
Does GST apply to all businesses?
Yes. GST is applicable to all types of businesses. It applies to all the traders, manufacturers and providers. It can also extend to writers, bloggers and dealers.
Do we need different forms for IGST, SGST and CGST?
The same return form can be used for filing SGST, CGST and IGST. It will have different columns for each one of them and it will have to be filled on the basis of inter-state or intra-state supplies.
Can we revise the returns?
It is not possible to revise the GST returns. Changes can be made on the details provided in the next period’s return form amendment section.
Dose one need to attach the scanned copy of invoices along with GSTR-1?
No, but certain fields of the information from the invoices needs to be uploaded.
What are the type of GST return?
• GSTR-1 for the monthly return of the outward supplies
• GSTR-2 for the monthly return of the inward supplies
• GSTR-3 for the monthly return containing the details of the taxpayers from the other forms such as GSTR-1, GSTR-2, GSTR-6, GSTR-7)
• GSTR-4 for the quarterly return
• GSTR-5 for the variable return to be filed by the non-resident taxpayer
• GSTR-6 for the monthly return to be filed by the input service distributor
• GSTR-7 for the monthly return to be filed for the Tax Deducted at Source (TDS)
• GSTR-8 for the monthly return to be filed by e-commerce operator
• GSTR-9 for the annual return
• GSTR-10 for the final return paid before terminating business activities permanently
• GSTR-11 for the taxed to be paid by the taxpayers with a Unique Identification Number (UIN)
What is the periodicity of the GST return filing?
It completely depends upon the type of registration and transactions. Different periods have been specified for this.
• Monthly returns needs to be filed by the regular taxpayers, foreign non-residents, input service provider, tax deductors and e-commerce operators.
• Quarterly returns needs to be filed by the composition taxpayers.
What are the purpose of filing GST return?
The benefits or purpose of filing GST return are multiple
• It is used to finalize the tax liabilities of the tax payer within the stipulated period of time.
• Furthermore, is provides necessary inputs for taking policy decisions.
• Information of mode of transfer to tax administration.
• It is easier to manage audit and anti-tax evasion programs of tax administration.
GST RETURN FILING PROCESS
Complete our GST Return Filing Form
You need to fill our simple online GST return filing form & submit documents.
Preparation of Documents and Filing
According to the details provided to us, we will draft your documentation accordingly and file your return.
GST Return Filied
Once the GST return filed. We shall send it to you via email and courier.